[linux-audio-dev] More sequencer engine questions

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] More sequencer engine questions
From: Iain Duncan (iainduncan_AT_telus.net)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 23:01:55 EET

Found some good reading material on real time programming and now have a
couple more questions if anyone can share:

- what are the pros and cons for a sequencer engine of using pthreads in one
address space vs seperate processes spawned by one application? Anyone know
what the various linux real time sequencers use?

- if I do POSIX pthreads or multiple processes, will the code be an easy
port to MacOSX? And what about windows, would one be able to run it under
Cygwin or something?

- if I embed another audio app within the project ( looking at embedding
Csound with the Csound API ) is this going to make it much more difficult to
sort out priorities given that Csound kinda has to be allowed to keep
running. I figure it would be second highest priority after the engine

Thanks,
Iain