Re: [linux-audio-dev] virtual vocalist - I think we could have something similar without much work...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] virtual vocalist - I think we could have something similar without much work...
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 19:00:46 EET

On Monday 24 November 2003 10.56, Juan Linietsky wrote:
> On Thursday 20 November 2003 01:09, Paul Davis wrote:
> > http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/Vocaloid.html
>
> You know, FESTIVAL (the popular and quite good opensource speech
> synthesis package) has a mode where you can feed it data to sing.
> It could probably not be very hard to write a similar GUI where
> you edit a pianoroll to make festival sing.
>
> Seems like a very nice small project, anyone willing to take it?

Maybe the Flinger project could cut that project down in size further;

        http://www.cslu.ogi.edu/tts/flinger/

(There are a bunch of mp3 songs on that site as well.)

BTW, where did the Zero-G site go? Seems dead, and I can't find any
demos elsewhere...

| Free/Open Source audio engine for games and multimedia. |