[linux-audio-dev] /dev/dsp0 --> /dev/dsp0L and /dev/dsp0R

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] /dev/dsp0 --> /dev/dsp0L and /dev/dsp0R
From: Fernando Ramirez (framirez99_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 19:54:34 EET

Hi. I need to know if there exists or if someone have coded a device driver
that may split one stereo source input (/dev/dsp0) to two pseudo devices
(something like /dev/dsp0L for left channel and /dev/dsp0R for right
channel).

I need this to split a 2 channel real time signal to two different
applications than only accept a /dev/dsp? for input.

I can do it if I install 2 soundcards on my machine and feed each separated
mono source to each card but I feel that I am waisting one card.

Any help pointing to a page with instructions in how to program a device
(/dev/?) may help.

Regards,
Fernando