Re: [linux-audio-dev] /dev/dsp0 --> /dev/dsp0L and /dev/dsp0R

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] /dev/dsp0 --> /dev/dsp0L and /dev/dsp0R
From: Benjamin Flaming (lad_AT_solobanjo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 20:45:16 EET

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 11:54 am, Fernando Ramirez wrote:
> Hi. I need to know if there exists or if someone have coded a device driver
> that may split one stereo source input (/dev/dsp0) to two pseudo devices
> (something like /dev/dsp0L for left channel and /dev/dsp0R for right
> channel).
>
> I need this to split a 2 channel real time signal to two different
> applications than only accept a /dev/dsp? for input.

     I'm not sure, but I think you might be able to write an .asoundrc which
could accomplish this using ALSA's OSS emulation. Take a look at:

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/asoundrc.php3?company=Generic&card=Generic&chip=Generic&module=Generic

(If the link above doesn't work, go to alsa-project.org, and choose
"Documentation", and then ".asoundrc".)

Hope this helps,