Re: [linux-audio-dev] deconvolver for IR creation anyone?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] deconvolver for IR creation anyone?
From: Uwe Koloska (koloska_AT_voiceinterconnect.de)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 18:28:15 EET

Hello,

thank you for your answer!

Denis Sbragion wrote:

> yep, you are right. To do the convolution between the
> measured sweep and the inverse filter to get the impulse
> response you can use brutefir (with a little trickery). I use
> it to do my own measurements with 45s log sweeps. The
> inverse filter is almost 2 millions taps, but brutefir eat it
> without esitation even with just 64 mb of RAM available. A
> truly wonderful piece of software!

But, how can I learn to use it in such a way??? I haven't found
any clue on the web page how to use a binary file as input data
for bruteFIR. Are your scripts helpful in that?

> Doing it under Linux is a bit more complicated. If you want I
> have some shell scripts that do all the steps needed to get
> the impulse response (sweep playing & recording +
> econvolution). Anyway they are just a clumsy hack that I use
> myself for my measurements, don't expect any fancy interface.
> Despite this, thanks to the brutefir floating point accuracy
> and the long sweep used the results are state of the art (90+
> dB of S/N even in a not so quiet environment with a dirty
> cheap panasonic WM-60A capsule and a DIY mic preamp).

Could you please send me these scripts. Since I am far more
better in UI design than in algortihmic debugging -- I hope to
make a nice tool from this skripts.

What do you use for creating the sweeps?

Let's make the linux convolution reverb real!

Yours
Uwe Koloska

--
voiceINTERconnect www.voiceinterconnect.de
... smart speech applications from germany