Re: [linux-audio-dev] deconvolver for IR creation anyone?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] deconvolver for IR creation anyone?
From: Denis Sbragion (d.sbragion_AT_infotecna.it)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 11:14:12 EET

Hello Uwe,

At 00.28 13/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>The deconvolution works, too. But I don't understand it completely. The IR
>seems to start at the end of the file. Especially with the direct
>deconvolution of the original IR, the pulse is at the end of the
>convolution result ..

it must be near the end of the file, because of the way it works.
Furthermore if you use BruteFIR to perform the deconvolution you should
consider that BruteFIR truncates the output to make it the same lenght of
the input, where the full convolution of a signal of length N with a filter
of length M would yeld a signal of length N+M-1. To avoid this truncation
simply add some seconds of silence to the recorded signal before performing
the convolution (the scripts I sent you already did it).

Bye,

--
	Denis Sbragion
	InfoTecna