XGWorks (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] xg editor)

Subject: XGWorks (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] xg editor)
From: Joost Yervante Damad (joost_AT_lumatec.be)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 16:09:13 EET

'Dave Phillips' wrote about 'Re: [linux-audio-dev] xg editor' - Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 03:53:46PM CET
> Florian Schmidt wrote:
>
> >is there any linux app available that lets me play around with my yamaha
> >db 50 xg daughterboard? In windows there was xgedit.exe [non freeware].
> >I tried to get it to run in wine, but the installer doesn't want to :)
> >So, i'm looking for an XG editor for linux.
> >
> >Any hints?
> >

> Hi Florian:
>
> Try this one under WINE :
>
> http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/Xgedit/
>
> I don't have an XG board but I was able to install and launch this
> editor under the latest WINE. I also tried XG-Gold but its installer
> wasn't happy with my WINE.
>
> Best,
>
> == dp

Hi,

on a simular note, I tried to get XGWorks to work under wine.
Installation worked only under winex3, not under wine. Runtime behaviour
is the same for both. (I just copied over the YAMAHA tree from winex to
wine)
The program only starts up if I change the wine audio driver from oss in
alsa. With oss it gives errors opening midi for in and out.
With alsa the program is fully functional except that there are no midi
devices selectable.

Does anyone have better experiences with midi under wine or with xgworks
in particular?

Thanks, Joost Damad

(P.S.: screenshot of xgworks at: http://lumatec.be/joost/xgworks.png )