Re: XGWorks (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] xg editor)

Subject: Re: XGWorks (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] xg editor)
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 16:37:39 EET

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:09:13 +0100
Joost Yervante Damad <joost_AT_lumatec.be> wrote:

> on a simular note, I tried to get XGWorks to work under wine.
> Installation worked only under winex3, not under wine. Runtime
> behaviour is the same for both. (I just copied over the YAMAHA tree
> from winex to wine)
> The program only starts up if I change the wine audio driver from oss
> in alsa. With oss it gives errors opening midi for in and out.
> With alsa the program is fully functional except that there are no
> midi devices selectable.
>
> Does anyone have better experiences with midi under wine or with
> xgworks in particular?
>
> Thanks, Joost Damad
>
> (P.S.: screenshot of xgworks at: http://lumatec.be/joost/xgworks.png )

That would have benn my next question: How to get the editor in windows
actually to talk to the right midi device..

Hrmm, i somewhere found the XG specification on the net.. I suppose
writing an XG editor is still a huge task though. Especially all these
symbolic names have to be typed in. no fun..

Flo

--
music: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/florianschmidt.htm