Re: [linux-audio-dev] Project: modular synth editor

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Project: modular synth editor
From: Joost Diepenmaat (ladspa-list_AT_hortus-mechanicus.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 18:50:13 EET

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 06:09:55PM +0200, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I feel we should write a modular synth editor from scratch.
> I have checked many existing systems but none is good enough.
>
> The editor would just be the editor. There would not be
> anything related to audio processing. Developers could use
> the editor in any project, audio or not.
 [ snip ]
> Any comments?

Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean some kind of synth editor
(like for MIDI synths) but for use with software applications/
libraries instead of MIDI? Or do you mean a GUI library to be
used by other applications? Or maybe some kind of GUI + scripting
language, like tcl/tk?

Curiously awaiting an anwer...

Joost.