Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Consortium-p] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Consortium-p] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 23:22:22 EET

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 12:09:34 +0100, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> All i wanted to say is, i see LAD and LAU as the *only* place for linux
> audio community(not because i say so but because it *evolved* in such
> place) and the community as the authority.

I dont think thats true - there are a large number of linux audio
developers* that aren't present on LAD.

the l-a-d mailing list may be seen as an authoritive representation of the
LAD community, but not linux audio in general.

* I can think of several academics who use and develop linux audio
  software daily and who never read or post to LAD, and all the commercial
  developers - when was the last time you saw a posting from yamaha.com,
  4front or Hartmann?

- Steve