Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_linuxaudio.org)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 16:54:48 EET

> You see, Daniel, there are some real questions here that need
> clarification. I've just scratched the surface.

You're quite right. I'm not sure how the significance of a particular
project can be factored in to the amount of influence in management
decisions - or if it should be. The same would go for large and small
companies.

> That's what a
> community is for. *None* of us have all the answers -- you can't
> do this alone!

Absolutely. But someone has to take the first step.

> "A couple of weeks" is a miniscule amount of time
> to spend in organizing an initiative of this scope.

I agree - but it should be sufficient to talk to a few people, put a
simple website together, write one press release, and make an
announcement. Already I'm being criticised for spending too long on
preparation!

Cheers

Daniel