Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: linuxaudio.org
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 23:55:47 EET

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 15:54, Daniel James wrote:
> > You see, Daniel, there are some real questions here that need
> > clarification. I've just scratched the surface.
>
> You're quite right. I'm not sure how the significance of a particular
> project can be factored in to the amount of influence in management
> decisions - or if it should be. The same would go for large and small
> companies.
>
> > That's what a
> > community is for. *None* of us have all the answers -- you can't
> > do this alone!
>
> Absolutely. But someone has to take the first step.
>
> > "A couple of weeks" is a miniscule amount of time
> > to spend in organizing an initiative of this scope.
>
> I agree - but it should be sufficient to talk to a few people, put a
> simple website together, write one press release, and make an
> announcement. Already I'm being criticised for spending too long on
> preparation!

Ok so you took the first step, i said,
1. let's wait a bit
(your answer - we can't)
2. let's discuss it on lad
(it's your favorite forum)
3. let's do a foundation...
(...)
4. ...but let's discuss it on lad first, let's postpone the launch
(You're demanding veto power again.) (!)

That + you calling yourself a director without any election + keeping it
all confidential *definitely* *doesn't* sounds like a first step.

Marek