[linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: linuxaudio.org]

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: linuxaudio.org]
From: Marek Peteraj (marpet_AT_naex.sk)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 04:52:11 EET

I'm forwarding my first email so that the lad jury can decide whether
it's my personal agenda. I can post the second one aswell in case
anybody is interested. Let me know what you think.

Marek

attached mail follows:

Hi Daniel,

i just realised that the domain is taken, and i've found out that
there's some kind of consortium emerging, which nobody know of
anything</rant>. I'd like to ask 2 things:

1. what's the plan with that domain? i'm asking because i had a
linuxaudio.org idea 6-7months, the idea was to build a lad and lau
centered site and that would serve as the main entrance for audio users
and musicians that would like to go linux and as a meeting point for
linux audio developers and users. Moreover it was meant to bring all
developer and user related information such as djcj.org etc under 1
hood, so that it's easy to find any kind of information related to linux
audio. This should be achieved with a unified, appealing web-design. As
sf.net has got serious problems with providing several services needed
for a succesful leading of a project, it could later serve as a hosting
site for linux audio related projects. And of course it would be the
ultimate place for fresh linux audio related news.
The domain is the *key* element for achieving that goal simply because
it's easy to guess and easy to remember.

2. I'd like to know more about the consortium, my idea was to establish
a association or a foundation, that is a legal entity which would serve
the lad community and would consist for LAD members *only* whether
they're employees of a certain company or not. I planned to discuss that
at the ZKM 2004 event.

Sorry about the rant, but i'd like to urge you to discuss such actions
and any other related actions on the lad list. My intention was to
inform, discuss then take action. I think it's the way the LA community
should go.
That's the place for brainstorming and providing detailed information
for these kinds of things. Moreover i'd suggest to postpone the
establishing of a consortium until ZKM. And i'd suggest a foundation
instead since a consortium sounds a bit like we're merging a few Inc.
companies. :)

Please let me know
Thanks

Marek