Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Project: modular synth editor

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Project: modular synth editor
From: torbenh_AT_gmx.de
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 11:49:06 EET

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:18:00PM +0200, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Hello.
>
> NMEdit was mentioned in my list. I'm in their devel list but
> it has been quite quiet.
>
> I will check Graphviz better in a few days but can one make
> Quasimodo or Nord Modular type "graphs" with it? In a quick
> look I saw some composite icons (not widgets?), but I feel
> Graphviz is not very usable for us.

The discussions go a little astray i think.

can you describe a little more what you are trying to accomplish ?

too me it looks like you want to do a graph editor, because the current
modulars (ams, ssm, gAlan) have crap graph editors.

it looks like you want to go the controls are in the graph way, so
that graph components come with their own control widgets.

i would use libgnomecanvas (does not depend on gnome anymore)
and then every module would export a canvas Item....

the only problem would be determining widget size when you add a widget
to the canvas. gtk behaves sort of strange there.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language