Re: [linux-audio-dev] Two or more monitors) Re: Project: modular synth editor

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Two or more monitors) Re: Project: modular synth editor
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 20:07:35 EET

On Monday 19 January 2004 16.03, gml_AT_xs4all.nl wrote:
> A)
> Xinerama _does_ support open GL, at least with my matrox card, I
> can have openGL on one monitor of the two. That is a limitation of
> the card hardware, AFAIK, not of X.

Are we talking about a pre-Parhelia card?

I just remembered; the Matrox G100/200/400 drivers and/or hardware has
problems with multiple OpenGL contexts. Matrox have known about it
for ages, but seem to ignore the problem. This is part of the reason
why I gave up on my G400.

That said, IIRC, you *can* still get multiple windows (different
processes) accelerated. If so, why not windows on different
desktops...?

Oh well... Accelerated drivers. No end to the fun! ;-)

| Free/Open Source audio engine for games and multimedia. |