Re: [linux-audio-dev] Two or more monitors)Re:Project:modularsynth editor

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Two or more monitors)Re:Project:modularsynth editor
From: David Olofson (david_AT_olofson.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 18:24:08 EET

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 16.53, Martijn Sipkema wrote:
[...]
> > The driver is supposed to just clip at 2048x2048. Some tester
> > concluded it does on Windoze, but I haven't tried it on the Linux
> > drivers. (Though they even have the same bugs as the Windows
> > drivers, so I'd guess they're pretty closely related...)
>
> Perhaps, with a performance penalty, these very large windows could
> be rendered in multiple passes...

Yes... The driver actually contains that kind of code already. It's
used when rendering directly into a window (ie single buffered) that
is partially covered by other windows, so that the OpenGL area
becomes non-rectangular. (Seems like most drivers simply don't
support single buffering in windowed mode, thus avoiding this stuff
entirely.)

I accidentally found out because the retrace sync is done in the wrong
place. The driver ends up sync'ing once for each one of the sub
rectangles that the window is split into... *hehe*

| Free/Open Source audio engine for games and multimedia. |