Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA presets was: [ANN] new LADSPA plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA presets was: [ANN] new LADSPA plugins
From: Tom Szilagyi (st444_AT_hszk.bme.hu)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 14:36:28 EET

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Jan Weil wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> nice work!
>
> I tested your plugins with Visecas (i. e. Ecasound) and I just wanted to
> let you know that the way you set the MODE port_name for your TAP
> Reverberator (as long as _SHOW_PRESET_NAMES_IN_GUI_ is defined) confuses
> Ecasound's map-ladspa-list. (Without the #define there was no problem)

Yes, actually i was sure that the way i get the presets list displayed is
anything but not legal :)) But i didn't find any better way by looking at
ladspa.h (and the whole ladspa sdk), so this was the best i could think
of at the moment...

> I had a look at ladspa.h and it doesn't say anything about newlines in
> port names so I must suppose it is 'officially correct'.
> Nevertheless I'd guess that there are other LADSPA hosts which
> implicitly assume that port names do not contain newlines (maybe I'm
> wrong here, though).
>
> Which leads to a for more interesting question:
> Is this the way to deal with LADSPA presets?

Certainly no... i have to apologise, because there certainly has to be a
better way than this that i don't know of at the moment.
Sorry for that, i know it's wrong and i'm seeking for solutions.

Tom