[linux-audio-dev] Modular Jack patch bay

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Modular Jack patch bay
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 07:37:32 EET

Screenshot:
http://chat.carleton.ca/~drobilla/patchbay.png

Waiting on the Jack callback issue to make a pre-release. Anyway,
basically I need a name for this thing, and any (UI) suggestions anyone
has.

Eventually it will be a combined jack/alsa patch bay, so it'd be nice if
the name reflected both jack and alsa, but I'd rather not have "Linux"
in the title.

Any interface ideas (other than the color of the modules ;) ) are
welcome... and if anyone has ideas for an elegant
automatic-module-placement solution, I'd love to hear them. Right now
they're just randomly placed. (Are there known algorithms in graph
theory for this sort of thing?)

-Dave