Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular Jack patch bay

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Modular Jack patch bay
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 11:16:58 EET

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:37:32 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> Screenshot:
> http://chat.carleton.ca/~drobilla/patchbay.png

Hey nice! antialiased too :)

> Any interface ideas (other than the color of the modules ;) ) are
> welcome... and if anyone has ideas for an elegant
> automatic-module-placement solution, I'd love to hear them. Right now
> they're just randomly placed. (Are there known algorithms in graph
> theory for this sort of thing?)

Yeah, there is, try citeseer or maybe the dot people have something?
http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/refs.html

The problem you will find is hat most gaph algorithms dont care about
consitency of positioning between graph changes (eg. adding a new client),
but you could have an "organise" button to hit if it gets messy.

- Steve