Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software with source code?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software with source code?
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd-lad_AT_mega-nerd.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 02:49:08 EET

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:53:49 +0000
"Stefan Nitschke" <stefan_nitschke_AT_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Its not my intention to blame Linux or the Linux-Community but it is
> in consequence the only way to prevent such postings in the future.
> As such postings are not good for Linux in general... I still have
> the partly strange postings about "reborn" in mind... I came to the
> conclusion that leaving would cause less damage.

As someone who has spent a large amount of time contributing LGPL and
GPL licensed code I don't agree with your decision but I do recognise
that it is your decision to make.

I would however be interested in how you came to your decision to
keep your source code closed. Care to enighten us?

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam_AT_mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
"I would rather spend 10 hours reading someone else's source
code than 10 minutes listening to Musak waiting for technical
support which isn't."
   - Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center