Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modular Jack patch bay

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Modular Jack patch bay
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 01:38:05 EET

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 19:19, vanDongen/Gilcher wrote:
> My preference :
> The line doesn't need to be thick. Clicking it selects it (and shows it by
> changing the color, maybe making it thicker as well ), pressing delete
> removes it.

I think clicking on a line is just far too difficult to bother.

> Handles of some sort to create segmented patch cords would be nice. As would
> the ability to rotate a client box over 90 degrees, so you have the
> connection at the top and bottom.
> Another feature could be symbolic link objects. Sometimes you have a signal
> detour to some part of an app that is somewhere else on the graph and
> allready heavilly connected to all kinds of other stuff. A symbolic-link to
> foo:input12 foo:output12 could be nice then.

Whew, now this is getting complicated. :) These things are nice in
modular synths, but wouldn't it be overkill in a patch bay?

I guess with LADCCA you could have a really complicated setup that you
want to be able to visualize as clearly as possible... I'll put some
thought into it.

-Dave