Re: [linux-audio-dev] Freeze?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Freeze?
From: Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 21:52:22 EET

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 20.25, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Recently Logic 6's Freeze feature was mentioned here, and Freeze
> is mentioned in a new interview at Emagic's webpage:
>
> Q: Any other favorite feature in Logic 6, that you use most?
>
> Boris Blank [of Yello]: I think Freeze is ingenious. [ ... ]
>
> I'm wondering did Emagic borrow the idea from this list, as the
> freeze feature was discussed here at november 2001. And soon after
> that the feature stands in their software.

Me guesses you are referring to
this:[http://www.eca.cx/lad/2001/Nov/0310.html] message I posted back then.

I'd have to say that they where probably not influenced by that, if they where
their implementation would have been much more advanced and definitely cooler
;-P.

Besides, the ideas might have been new for audio purposes but the technology
in itself is not new. The ideas suggested where adaptations of similar
features in the 3d-graphics world. Logic may very well have peeked that way
too.

I still think about this from time to time and I would really like to see a
REAL implementation of the proposal. :-)

/Robert