Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Website

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Website
From: Fons Adriaensen (fons.adriaensen_AT_skynet.be)
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 16:14:28 EET

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:56:43AM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 12:51:31 +0100, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:

> > these files sound incredible. i can't wait to hear your presentation
> > on aeolus!
>
> Yes, it sounds /really/ good. JAAA looks very interesting too - looking
> forward to the LAD meet even more now :)

Thanks, that's stimulating.

The nice thing is that recording these two files took something like 8% CPU
on my 2G P4 machine, and this includes JACK and qarecord. So there's still
plenty of room for improvement. There are some unsolved problems as well...

A large part of the work is defining the sounds - there are more than 2000
parameters for a single stop, and in most cases a few hundreds of these
are effectively used. It as much work as intonating a real organ.
Most of the sounds you can hear on the two recordings have been created
by Matthias Nagorni, and that work still goes on in parallel with the
code development.

Matthias is also trying to find an organist to play Aeolus during the
meeting, so maybe we'll have a real concert.

--
Fons