Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 03:08:06 EET

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 19:23, Peter Eschler wrote:
> Aah, the toolkit! I know the discussion according Qt and other toolkits and i
> don't want to start another debate here ;) But I have to admit: I'm a C++
> programmer and i like - no - i love Qt.

< Comment about how a qt source file isn't even C++ ommited >

> I know there are people who doesn't
> and that's good. A followed the gui discussion on the list and i am quite
> happy that a toolkit independent solution is favoured.
> According lindrum:
> The engine can (in theory) be run completely independent from the gui (and
> then controlled by MIDI). For now there simply is no executable which starts
> the engine only. This will be available in a future release.

Yeah, I should probably re-read my posts and take out all the
inflammatory little tidbits in there, heh. Nevermind about that, just
one man's opinion.

Anyway, on a valid note, your UI looks horrible (actually, lots of
things are totally unreadable) on a theme with more "normal" colors
(like gray). Switch your QT theme and run to see what I mean, or I can
post a screenie if you'd really like.

-Dave