Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 19:55:14 EET

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 07:07, guenter geiger wrote:
> Lack of collaboration is one of the weaknesses of the free software
> development (peculiarly enough it is considered one of its strenghts),
> especially with audio software.

A weakness compared to what? Proprietary software is /definitely/ not
immune to this problem (in fact, I'd say it's far worse - there's no
collaboration whatsoever). Is is really a weakness of free software if
non-free software has the same problem?

I don't hear people complaining about Steinberg and Emagic 'duplicating
effort'.

Don't get me wrong, I do think duplication of effort is best avoided if
possible, but I don't think it's a "weakness of free software".

-Dave