Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA math plugins?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA math plugins?
From: Lance Blisters (geoff_AT_riyal.ugcs.caltech.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 09:45:28 EET

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:57:24AM -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> Are there any simple math plugins for LADSPA? Like, scaling of a
> signal, sum of signals, dif of signals, etc. etc.
>
> As an example, I'd like to take the output of an envelope in the range
> 0-1 and scale it by about 300 to make it appropriate for modifying
> cutoff value. Fiddling with signals mathematically is fun anyway.
>
> I'm sure I could hack one out pretty easily, but if they already
> exist...

  GDAM includes a "MiniNetwork" graphical modular filter builder. There
is a "math" element into which you can type any simple functions. There
is also a "ladspapluginmaker" which will let you compile mininetworks into
LADSPA plugins. I haven't used it in years, but it ought to be possible
to compile any math function into a LADSPA filter this way. At least, you
might find the mathfunction code useful as an example of parsing and
executing math functions.

  -geoff