Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA math plugins?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA math plugins?
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 09:58:54 EET

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 02:18, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:57:24AM -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > Are there any simple math plugins for LADSPA? Like, scaling of a
> > signal, sum of signals, dif of signals, etc. etc.
>
> scaling is an amp (eg. amp_mono, 1048)
> sum is a mixer (eg. mixer, 1071)
> dif is a signed mixer (dunno if there is one of those), or inverter (eg.
> inv, 1429) + mixer
>
> These sort of operations are common in modular synths, so I expect AMS and
> SSM have native modules to do those oprtations, Pd certainly has (~* etc.).
>
> - Steve

Well, when I had this problem the builtin amp in AMS wouldn't go into
the ranges I needed, but I see some ladspa amps go into quite ridiculous
gain ranges. Okay, that was a bad example then. :)

SSM does indeed have some really cool plugins like this. I know scaling
is equivalent to amplifying, sum = mixer, etc. but I was hoping someone
out there had a collection of math plugins, say division, add/sub a
constant, trig functions, log, absolute value (rectifier?), etc. etc.

Signal mangling in SSM like that tends to make for some interesting
noises you wouldn't come across thinking about things from the audio
perspective. It'd be nice to have that ability in any host.

-Dave