Re: [linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 13:07:57 EET

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:30:09 +0100, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 08:43:18AM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
>
> > I understand where you're coming from here. There are a few cases where
> > the current system fails (not many, and not seriously, but they are
> > there).
>
> Interesting. Do you have an example ?

Yup, am_pitchshift

Plugin Name: "AM pitchshifter"
Plugin Label: "amPitchshift"
Plugin Unique ID: 1433
Maker: "Steve Harris <steve_AT_plugin.org.uk>"
Copyright: "GPL"
Must Run Real-Time: No
Has activate() Function: No
Has deativate() Function: No
Has run_adding() Function: Yes
Environment: Normal or Hard Real-Time
Ports: "Pitch shift" input, control, 0.25 to 4, logarithmic
        "Buffer size" input, control, 1 to 7, integer
        "Input" input, audio
        "Output" output, audio
        "latency" output, control

buffer size defualt should be 3
(http://plugin.org.uk/ladspa-swh/docs/ladspa-swh.html#id1433), but theres
no way to specify that. Its not a huge problem, but it is a case of the
current API failing.

In general I like the fact that the hints encourage you to place the
default behavious in obvious places, but ocasionaly it bites you.

- Steve