Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension - Formal proposal.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA extension - Formal proposal.
From: Alfons Adriaensen (fons.adriaensen_AT_alcatel.be)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 12:46:55 EET

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 10:48:38PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

> I think its easier on host to change it to recommend (or require) that
> INTEGER bounds should be integers and plugins should accept values with
> some tollerance, eg. rounding to the nearest integer value, and this would
> be required to make LADSPA_HINT_SWITCHED usable as stated.

This is not without danger. Then the method used to calculate the number
of options must be specified.

The correct way is to find the number of integers in a float range
[min...max] is

  n = (int)(floor (max) - ceil (min)) + 1;

This does *not* give the same result as rounding min and max
and then taking the difference plus one.

But I'm very much in favour of requiring the host to supply integers only
to a switched port. If it is given two exact integers as a range, this
should be no problem. If it uses the correct widget, this will even
be automatic.

--
FA