Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME totalyser clone ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME totalyser clone ?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 16:48:44 EET

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 02:06:50 +0100, Cournapeau David wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am currently a DSP student, and want to program some stuff to
> improve my programming skills on linux plateform. As several musicians
> friends told me they would want a RME
> totalyser -like software (see
> http://www.rme-audio.com/english/analyzer/totalyser.htm), I'd like to
> start with the same kind of software. It is basically a goniometer, a 30
> bands frequency analyser and RMS peak analyser.

Meterbridge has a goniometer (though I never knew thats what they were
called :), http://plugin.org.uk/meterbridge/ aka "Jellyfish" Meter.

If youre confortable with DSP code and not UI code I would recommend some
other project, the UI part of meters is much harder than the DSP code
IMHO.

Linux is lacking efficient, high-quality standalone EQs for example.

- Steve