Re: [linux-audio-dev] player suggestion

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] player suggestion
From: Jay Dolan (jasonthomasdolan_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 17:59:06 EET

--- Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi> wrote:
> Given that AlsaPlayer has been developed for years
> now, why
> I found so many problems? Most of the problems are
> not technical,
> but artistic.
>
> I have alsaplayer 0.99.76.
>
> Regards,
> Juhana

I think you're being a little harsh. And the bugs you
found indicate to me that a lot more time was spent
building a solid, extensible foundation rather than a
perfect interface to a p.o.s. I tried alsaplayer for
the first time just a couple days ago and was really
impressed. I think it shows a lot of promise, and I'm
trying to force myself to use it in lieu of XMMS
because I think eventually it'll be far better.

Also, Andy, I've created a port of Alsaplayer for CRUX
linux (http://crux.nu). The port is available on the
etc page of http://jaydolan.com. Thanks for a great
free player.

=====