Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] pvoc-0.1.0, caps-0.1.11

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] pvoc-0.1.0, caps-0.1.11
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 21:56:25 EET

Tim Goetze wrote on Tue, 23-Mar-2004:

> pleased to announce the new DSP package 'pvoc'. at its core, it
> features the CARL phase vocoder.
>
> there are three LADSPA units in this package (Exaggerate, Transpose,
> Accumulate) plus a commandline utility for time compression and
> expansion of n-channel audio data streams.
>
> compilation of this package will probably be an even rougher ride than
> with the initial release of caps (pvoc depends on FFTW3 and sndfile)
> but i'll be happy to help should you run into problems.

The stretch program was not properly clamping the output from
-1.0 -> 1.0 yielding to terrible cracks upon writing as 16bit
wave files when the output is clipped. The fact that non-clipping
(but very close to) input yielded clipping output is another issue,
but not crucial.

I've attached a patch that fixes the problem.

Other than that, this sounds pretty darn good compared to soundtouch
(a time domain algorithm) at more extreme stretch factors.

jlc