[linux-audio-dev] How to kill a rogue (p)thread

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] How to kill a rogue (p)thread
From: Arve Knudsen (aknuds-1_AT_broadpark.no)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 09:51:40 EEST

Hi

Could anyone explain how I should go about killing a potensially
unresponsive thread? Of course there's pthread_cancel, but I don't wish to
wait for the other thread to reach a cancel point. Basically I'm trying to
implement a watchdog for a realtime audio thread. Any suggestions are
welcome, thanks.

Arve Knudsen