Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 15:37:10 EEST

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

>Every once in a while, I check our listing at
>
> http://linux-sound.org/notation.html
>
>in the hope that you found the time to update the LilyPond entry with
>musings on how it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
>
>[snip]

Hi Jan, hi Jens, hi everyone:

  I've updated the LilyPond entry, but I could not use the suggested
entries, they're too long (as I suspect you know). But at least now
people will see LilyPond's entry quicker and will get a little better
idea of what it can do.

  Jan and Han-wen, my apologies for not getting to this earlier. My only
really good excuse is to tell you that in fact you *do* have to keep
reminding me if at first I don't change things to your liking. My volume
of correspondence is big enough that things do sometimes get lost in the
pile.

  IMO, LilyPond is a 1st-rate application. I'm especially impressed with
the research and dedication shown by its developers, and Jan is
certainly justfied in asking me to highlight their software a bit more
brightly.

Peace out,

dp