Re: MIDI-only sequencer, was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated

Subject: Re: MIDI-only sequencer, was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux soundapps pages updated
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 16:34:30 EEST

Hi Robert:

Here are the Normal Transforms from Sequencer Plus Gold :

TIME PITCH
VELOCITY SPLIT RANDOM/MISC

Quantize Transpose Set
                     Pitch Pitch
Super-quantize Harmonic transpose
Adjust Quantize Start-time
Quantize duration Inversion
Crescendo Velocity Velocity
Set duration Harmonic inversion Set
note-off Duration Duration
Adjust duration Map Adjust
note-off Modulus Merge
Retrograde
Compex Track rebar
Offset
Range rebar
Compex

And here are the MIDI Transforms:

TIME VALUE INS/DEL TEMPO

Retrograde Scale Fill Accelerando
Offset Shift Crescendo Scale
Compex Invert Thin Shift
                       Map Elim dupes Thin
                       Map programs Elim dupes

Tap tempo

Edit regions include whole track or group of tracks, individual
measures, and individual note, and is not restricted to measure
boundaries. Alas, non-contiguous editing is not supported.

The MIDI transforms affect MIDI messages other than note-on and
note-off. Sequencer Plus employed a user-designated track for tempo
messages, it could be edited like any other track.

The Harmonic Xpos and Invert transforms and the Pitch randomization
employ user-defined settings in a Keysig popup.

Sequencer Plus also includes advanced grouping features, multiple track
recording, block editing, SMPTE/MTC/MMC support, and much more. Its
drawbacks include no Undo/Redo, no graphic controller editing, and no
source code. However, it is now being given away by Voyetra.

Best regards,

dp