[linux-audio-dev] RE: [linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus+M6807 notebook=distortion -- FIXED!

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] RE: [linux-audio-user] snd-hdsp+cardbus+M6807 notebook=distortion -- FIXED!
From: Ivica Ico Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 06:12:44 EEST

> On Sunday 18 April 2004 13:44, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > out, the windows hdsp driver sets the latency timer of
> > the cardbus bridge and (i am repeating what i wrote before) thomas added
> > this to the linux driver as well ... which didn't work for no kernel i
>
> no. there was a change setting the lateny timer to 255, but only for the
> HDSP, not for the bridge. that's why i ask.

I see. Not sure about that. What I do know, however, is that the hexdump I
was looking into was the cardbus registers, *not* the hdsp ones (see below).

> > used on my machine (nearly every kernel between 2.4.22 and 2.6.5 both
> > vanilla and ck/gentoo)
> > there is a latency problem, but it's NOT related to the settings of the
> > latency registers of the hdsp or the cardbus bridge...
> >
> > > ico, i'm know it works for you with 0x04 at 0xc9, but please try
> > > anyway.
> > as i pointed out earlier, i've got the same behaviour on my machine with
> > the same register settings on windows (works fine) and on linux (doesn't
> > work).
> > what we should do is figuring out, what this specific register on ico's
> > machine is actually doing...
>
> could you actually show us the hexdump of the config space?

This is all I have currently. Will generate more as soon as I can (please
let me know which particular device you are looking for).

http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/eMachines/

(jpegs are verbosely titled)

Ico