Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request to audio related LiveCD packagers

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Request to audio related LiveCD packagers
From: Andrea Glorioso (andrea.glorioso_AT_agnula.org)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 21:47:43 EEST

> Hallo,
> Paul Davis hat gesagt: // Paul Davis wrote:

>> debian is about to exclude all "non-free" material from their
>> distributions. this includes firmware, documentation et al.

> Yes, but some of alsa-tools at least aren't "non-free" at all,
> like env24control.

Wasn't the division between alsa-tools and alsa-firmware done
explicitly to allow distribution of alsa-tools for distros which
prefer not to distribute alsa-firmware?

If A/DeMuDi doesn't have alsa-tools, that's a bug that should be
corrected. I'm putting Free Ekanayaka, current A/DeMuDi core
developer, on Cc: so that he takes note of the fact. I seem to
remember I had already opened a bug for this, but I'm currently on a
train (heading to Karlsruhe) and I can't check.

bye,

--
Andrea Glorioso                      andrea.glorioso_AT_agnula.org
AGNULA Technical Manager                 http://www.agnula.org/