Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?
From: Francois Dechelle (Francois.Dechelle_AT_ircam.fr)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 12:46:55 EEST

Le mar 04/05/2004 à 11:24, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> Hallo,
> Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> > Many other applications also support OSC. For web based installations
> > and for many other things I'd say, OSC is the way to go. It just
> > misses hardware support. ;) You can go the flash route and use flosc
> > os similar, or incoporate Java plugins or even just CGI.
>
> I forgot to mention SVG as well here, which I'm currently evaluating
> as a free flash alternative myself. See http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/
>
> Ciao

Yep, I agree. What annoyes me in Pall Thayer's work
(http://www.this.is/pallit/) that you mentionned in your previous mail
is the fact that it relies on proprietary technologies (Java or Flash),
which means that GNU/Linux users who do not want to use proprietary
software will be excluded from it.

Furthermore, I'd be very happy if he would agree to distribute his
developments under the GPL, so that other artists can benefit from it.

fd