Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?
From: Albert Graef (Dr.Graef_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 19:35:13 EEST

Francois Dechelle wrote:
> Are there any free implementation of OSC for web based interaction?
> Something like a PHP implementation of OSC (that would be my favorite),
> or a Java or CGI implementation, that would be between the web server
> and the OSC-aware application?

Like this? http://www.a2hd.com/software/

Python and Perl seem to have OSC interfaces, too. I haven't tried any of
these, though.

If you're into functional programming then you might wish to take a look
at Q which has a web interface including an Apache module (fairly basic,
but enough to generate dynamic content), as well as OSC and SC3
interfaces. See http://q-lang.sourceforge.net/.

In fact, programming OSC in a high-level language with primitives to
manipulate binary data is not a big deal. E.g., the Q-OSC interface
implements all standard OSC features including nested bundles, along
with a simple UDP transport layer, in just some 120 lines of code.

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  Dr.Graef_AT_t-online.de, ag_AT_muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de