Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?
From: Pall Thayer (palli_AT_pallit.lhi.is)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 12:00:44 EEST

Don't get me wrong. I don't see this as a flame war. These are very
valid points that have been brought up and this sheds some light on the
state of free, non-proprietary media for the web today. I truly wish
there were viable non-proprietary ways of creating rich media that could
utilize the pre-installed plugins that come with most browsers, such as
flashplayer and javaVM. But sadly this is not the case so I feel forced
to take the proprietary route. As far as OGG is concerned, I do plan to
switch to it in about a year or so. The way things are going it looks
like it will be pretty wide-spread by that time.

Pall

--

Pall Thayer artist/teacher http://www.this.is/pallit http://130.208.220.190/ http://130.208.220.190/nuharm/ http://130.208.220.190/panse/ _________________________________