Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?
From: Pall Thayer (palli_AT_pallit.lhi.is)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 16:57:10 EEST

It would be nice if SVG became more widespread. I wonder why Mozilla doesn't
include it in the normal releases. Since the source is available, it couldn't
be too difficult to make a free plugin version, could it? There was talk
about IBM trying to talk Sun into open-sourcing Java but what with Suns new
marriage to Microsoft, I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.
Flash is totally proprietary and probably little or no possibility of making
anything free out of it. I'll have to take a look at blender. Didn't know it
did interactive stuff too. Thought it was just a 3d editor. Looks potentially
cool. Even though the browser plugin development isn't doing anything, it
looks to me like you could do multi-user networked stuff in it, distribute it
as a standalone and eliminate the need for the browser. Very interesting
indeed.

best regards,
Pall

--