Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?
From: Benjamin Flaming (lad_AT_solobanjo.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 18:14:05 EEST

On Wednesday 05 May 2004 09:04 am, Steve Harris wrote:
> Actaully I think the flash language and protocol are open, its just the
> shockwave implementation thats closed. I could be wrong though.

     I remember downloading and reading the specs a few years ago, so they are
definitely open. At the time, I was planning to write a program to generate
flash content from a scripting language, and this was allowed by the license.
I don't remember if there were any restrictions on players or not, but I
don't recall any.