Re: [linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.6.6 just out

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.6.6 just out
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 05:34:43 EEST

Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se> writes:

> As a service to all readers, here's an excerpt of the Changelog concerning
> latency: ;)
[...]
> So... humbly asking, is it time yet to make the switch? :-)

Maybe. If you do and you're using the realtime LSM, you're going to
need the latest (beta) version to handle some changes to the 2.6.6
capabilities structure...

  http://www.joq.us/realtime/realtime-lsm-0.1.1.tar.gz

Note that the 2.6.6 kernel makefiles have changed, so recheck the
INSTALL instructions. It looks like you now need to run the LSM's
`make install' first, then the kernel's `make modules_install'. This
is actually an improvement, you no longer need write access to the
kernel build tree to build realtime-lsm (AFAICT).

I'll be releasing realtime-lsm-0.1.1 via SourceForge shortly (after it
passes a few more tests). Anyone who wants to beta test it before
then, please let me know your results.

--
  joq