[linux-audio-dev] Ultramaster Juno6, anyone?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Ultramaster Juno6, anyone?
From: Frank NEUMANN (frank.neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 11:59:29 EEST

Hi all,

some might remember that two years ago (or so) there was a nice (though at
that time closed-source, I think) software synth for Linux called Ultramaster
Juno 6, a faith reproduction of the Roland Juno 6. At some point this project
disappeared from the websites. When I talked to Marek Peteraj earlier this
year, he mentioned to me that he attempts to convince the developers to release
it to the public. And right now, while "proofreading" Ico's paper
for the next ICMC I found that it has been open-sourced this year and is
now available here: http://sf.net/projects/juno6

That's the old source code from 2000, and people have started converting it
into a VST instrument recently.

I just wonder if anyone has already begun with attempts to e.g. jackify it
or otherwise fixing it up for e.g. ALSA Midi input etc. Looks like a very
nice small to medium-sized project..

Greetings,
Frank

PS: If this has been brought up here before - sorry.