Re: [linux-audio-dev] Project ideas?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Project ideas?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 21:29:08 EEST

Jussi Laako wrote:

>> a true OpenGL realtime waterfall spectral display a la Alan Peever's
>>Spectrogram
>>

>Why OpenGL? 3D display?

Yes, along with display controls (perspective, colors, threshhold, etc).

>What are the properties missing from existing implementations?

Which ones ? Stanko Juzbasic began a port of Allan Peevers' Spectrogram
using XForms and OpenGL, but I'm not sure if it ever actually ran on a
Linux system. Many spectrum analyzers exist for Linux, but none provide
what I'm looking for. Check out the information and screenshots of
Spectrogram and Cspect here:

    http://www.sgi.com/tech/faq/audio/public.html

That's what I'm looking for.

Best,