Re: [linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 22:35:13 EEST

On Tuesday 08 Jun 2004 8:15 pm, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> - When I saw the collection of VST plugins that Paul Davis used
> to show his VST hosting in Karlsruhe, I asked myself "My god,
> do they all look that childish ?".

I only saw this by webcam (and 'scuse me if I just digress to say how
much I enjoyed both this and your own presentation Fons) so I'm not
sure which plugins they were, or what they looked like. Anyone able
to name names, have links to screenshots etc?

There are a few VST plugins -- particularly synths -- that have
ridiculous cheesy GUIs that I really like, but there are plenty of
hopeless ones too.

Chris