[linux-audio-dev] Re: UI stuff

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: UI stuff
From: Ben (ben_AT_glw.com)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 21:26:54 EEST

 On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 15:15, Ben wrote:
> > Sounds interesting. This is what I do for a living. But would any
> > of
> > the linux audio developers actually follow it?
>
> You mean you're a usability engineer?
>
> Marek

Er, yes. In addition to graphics designer, programmer, tech supporter
and occasional gofer.

The audio industry is actually quite tiny. I doubt that ANY audio
software company has a dedicated usability engineer. I've never seen
such a position posted.

The industry probably needs a usability standard but I would be very
surprised if anybody actually followed the standard we produce.
Everybody, by definition, is a usability expert in their own usage
habits. But I'm willing to discuss it if anybody wants to bounce ideas
around on- or off-list

-Ben Loftis