Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design
From: RTaylor (RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 01:49:34 EEST

 The real importance of Live's interface to me is that it begins to look at
the user interface as graphical symbols {forms with function... all
that} ...Something that can be cross platform, international, interlanguage
and even encoded into a postscript font. It breaks away from the need to
simply imitate analog and to be limited by analog limitations and begins to
look at those ideas in a uniquely digital manner. {A point from which they
can be re-conceptualized, re-considered... appended, addended, etc and so
on ...ad infinitum.}

{Aside from the fact that it's clean simple, easy to read and decipher and
doesn't waste half of my memory and processor drawing a reference to
something it isn't.}