Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design
From: Uwe Koloska (koloska_AT_voiceinterconnect.de)
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 11:57:09 EEST

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> SVG vector graphics (prefered by Peter and me)
> http://wrstud.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/forum/04-05-02_knobs_02.png
>
> 3d rendering variatios
> http://wrstud.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/forum/04-05-02_knob_3d_1-2-3.jpg

very nice! I most like the svg ones for the cleaner look.

But there comes another handling problem:
some people have opted for linear movement (I too think radial
movement is intuitive but mostly unusable -- normal mouse movement
is linear) but then I think we need both directions:
- up/down for something like gain
- left/right for something like pan
and this only works with an additional linear display in the right
direction

What do you think?
Uwe

--
voiceINTERconnect www.voiceinterconnect.de
... smart speech applications from germany