Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design
From: torbenh_AT_gmx.de
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 17:01:25 EEST

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 07:49:57AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:

> Its out of process. Sounds like torben wants to swallow the plugin UI,
> thats kinda neat, didn't think anyone would bother, but we should take
> that into account.

why do you think no one would bother ?
there is XEMBED and if if the GUI window would conform to this, it would
work reliably.

we did the same with jack_fst and galan.
i did not yet fix the issue with other windowmanagers, but its working
nicely for paul and me.

with fst the window is created by the same process, but its a different
X client, so its no difference for X and the other processes.

i want one control surface and not 100 windows popping up on my screen.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language